Over 2,500 images of colorful cigar box labels! These fine examples of lithography and commercial illustration are great for collectors of vintage advertising & tobacco memorabilia and fans of vintage design, as well as an inspiring resource for home crafters and artists.
Organized into categories by visual theme:
- WOMEN -- Beautiful portraits of Victorian, Edwardian, & 1920s women, including ladies in their finery, showgirls and famous actresses of the era. Also female mythical figures and goddesses, and scenes featuring couples!
- MEN -- Hundreds of pictures of men ~ gentlemen, laborers, explorers, famous writers & scientists, actors, presidents, cavaliers, cowboys, soldiers, Native Americans, farmers, and portraits of cigar company tycoons, plantation owners, and other businessmen.
- CHILDREN -- Charming Victorian girls and boys ~ these can be quite beautiful, sweet, or amusing, sometimes all three!
- ANIMALS -- Fine collection of animal labels. Horses (including race horses), dogs (many breeds, hunting scenes), cats, lions, tigers, and many other domestic and wild beasts. Realistic, humorous, and stylized representations.
- BIRDS -- Crows, owls, bluebirds, cardinals, hummingbirds, storks, mockingbirds, roosters, peacocks, and more.
- FLOWERS & PLANTS -- roses in all colors, plus many other kinds of flowers and plants. Beautifully detailed and colorful.
- CIGARS & TOBACCO LEAVES
- BUILDINGS & LANDSCAPES -- cityscapes, antique factories, plantation homes, lush tropical landscapes, and tobacco fields.
- SHIPS, AIRSHIPS, TRAINS -- sailing ships and other boats, plus locomotives, airplanes and zeppelins
- MAPS & GLOBES
- DECORATIVE DESIGNS in many artistic styles
Alphabetized within categories by brand.
Vintage images in many styles ready to print and share. Great for altered art, card making, scrapbooking, collage, decoupage, gift wrap and hang tags, labels, primitives, ornaments, jewelry, fabric arts, and endless other creative projects. Nice for kitchen decor, an antique Americana look, cottage charm, etc. The only limit is your imagination. [[end tab]]
Using These Images
COPY & PASTE INTO YOUR IMAGE-EDITING SOFTWARE TO EDIT. Can be printed directly onto any paper, card stock, tissue, vellum, transparencies, stickers, labels, even fabric transfers to make quilt designs and embroidery patterns for personal use. Whatever will work in your printer!
IMAGES ARE 96 - 300 DPI.
Images are JPG. Image size varies, from a longest side of about 350 pixels to about 980 pixels, with most having a longest side of 400-700 pixels. This will be approximately 2-2.5 inches when printed at 300 dpi, or twice that size at 150 dpi. Images are NOT watermarked.
PC USERS: Our image CDs feature a unique and elegant image gallery viewer that showcases the beauty of every image, and makes makes browsing, resizing, and printing simple. You can also zoom, create a slideshow, etc. Our viewer does NOT download anything to your hard drive, requires no unzipping or extra software, and is easy to use. (You may also open images into whatever picture viewer or editor you usually use.) This special feature of our image collections has been a big hit with our customers, but if you prefer your CD without it, just order the "Mac" version (see below).
MAC USERS: Choose the "Mac/no-viewer" version and we will send you a CD that will work on any computer -- all the same images, same excellent organization, carefully arranged into folders for your ease of use. (Note: If you have a PC-emulator your system may read our software, but of course only you can determine that!)
DOWNLOAD: Images will be sent in a zipped file.
Dos and Don'ts
Copyright 2005, 2015, Lunagirl Images. All images are offered under license, and some of the individual images are copyrighted by us based on our creative alterations of the originals.
You may print unlimited copies of images or collage sheets for your own non-commercial personal or educational use, and alter them for your own non-commercial use as well. Please note that this permission is for you, the purchaser, only (images may not be forwarded to others).
You are welcome to sell your one-of-a-kind altered art and handmade items that incorporate these images (if your work is sold or displayed online or published in a magazine, blog, etc., include credit to Lunagirl.com).
Images may not be resold or redistributed, and there are limits on commercial use (see full license/terms for details).
Use in commercial graphic design, professional advertising or marketing, or media production, creation of design resources for sale, or sale of craft supplies, unaltered prints, or items in large numbers, requires permission and/or additional commercial use license.