This set includes so much:
- commercial illustration & printing on advertising art and ephemera from the 18th century to the 1920s
- antique print ads
- sensuous Art Nouveau in many categories, some early Art Deco, plenty of Victorian and Edwardian images
- stylish magazine ads from the Twenties, charming flappers and gents
- ads for automobiles, hosiery, corsets, tonics, rolling papers, gas lights, cure-alls and quackery, "safety coffins" with a bell you can ring if you wake up, the grammophone ... the dentophone!?!
- Victorian trade cards for clothing, hats and shoes, food products, beer, medicines, soap, hair care, fabrics and thread, sewing machines, pianos and organs, perfume, much more
- posters and ads for theaters, Paris cabarets, salons, nightlife. art shows
- travel posters featuring cruise ships, trains, bicycles, and antique automobiles
- stunning WWI patriotic posters -- Army Navy and Marines recruiting posters, nurses and Red Cross, Uncle Sam, war gardens, etc.
- tobacciana -- cigarette cards, cigar trade cards, and other tobacco-related items and advertisements
- catalogs, price lists, and menus
- cooksbooks and calendars
- ephemera related to publishing, printing, and libraries, schools and colleges
- sewing notions trade cards and ephemera
- fascinating early "cries" and antique engraved business cards for business men and BUSINESSWOMEN in the 18th century
- French, British, Italian & American ads for everything from shoes & hats to chocolate & champagne, from pianos and sewing machines to bicycles, trains and shipping lines.
- plenty of full-color art by famous illustrators such as Mucha, Cheret, Capiello, Bonnard, Leyendecker, Flagg, Toulouse-Lautrec, Gibson, Christy, Coles Phillips ...
Victorian, Edwardian, and vintage images in many styles ready to print and share. Great for altered art, card making, scrapbooking, collage, decoupage, gift wrap and hang tags, labels, primitives, ornaments, jewelry, fabric arts, and endless other creative projects. The only limit is your imagination.
Using These Images
DOWNLOAD: Images will be sent in a zipped file.
COPY & PASTE INTO YOUR IMAGE-EDITING SOFTWARE TO EDIT. Can be printed directly onto any paper, card stock, tissue, vellum, transparencies, stickers, labels, even fabric transfers to make quilt designs and embroidery patterns for personal use. Whatever will work in your printer!
ALL IMAGES ARE 300 DPI. Images are JPG. All images are 1200 pixels on longest side. This will be approximately 4 inches when printed at 300 dpi, or twice that size at 150 dpi (can be resized before printing, down to very small). Samples may be smaller than actual images. Images are NOT watermarked.
Questions? See our FAQ page! If you still have questions, feel free to email us and we'll be glad to help.
PLEASE READ FULL LICENSE/TERMS before purchasing.
Dos and Don'ts
Copyright 2005, 2007, 2015, Lunagirl Images. All images are offered under license, and some of the individual images are copyrighted by us based on our creative alterations of the originals.
You may print unlimited copies of images or collage sheets for your own non-commercial personal or educational use, and alter them for your own non-commercial use as well. Please note that this permission is for you, the purchaser, only (images may not be forwarded to others).
You are welcome to sell your one-of-a-kind altered art and handmade items that incorporate these images (if your work is sold or displayed online or published in a magazine, blog, etc., include credit to Lunagirl.com).
Images may not be resold or redistributed, and there are limits on commercial use (see full license/terms for details).
Use in commercial graphic design, professional advertising or marketing, or media production, creation of design resources for sale, or sale of craft supplies, unaltered prints, or items in large numbers, requires permission and/or additional commercial use license.